just senseless laments, ramblings, stories, tales, lies of a true-blue self-absorbed, two-faced, fun-loving badass (irl, she's indeed more than that)

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Nosy banker

I just had a very erm.. interesting 30 minutes with my new banker.

See, i have to open a new bank account because i am so clumsy i lost my uber used-up Bangkok bank ATM card and i have to fly back to BKK to clear things up yada... yada... yada... so yeah, last Monday i went to the nearest BPI branch from our house and did what i had to do. IDs i presented are my old company ID and my passport (thank gawd those aren't in my stolen wallet). As soon as finished, i was advised to go back the following day to claim my card.

Of course i didn't do what was told. I came back just this morning and this time was serviced by another banker.

Funny, his opening statement was: How is it in Bangkok? Is the traffic so bad because I haven't been there.

Say what?? Erm, nice try squirt. I don't remember meeting you before nor even sharing my Thailand stories with you. Of course i didn't tell him that -- just me and my shrewd thoughts. So how did he found those out.. oh yea, he saw my passport!

Anyway, so i managed to maintain a friendly conversation while he keeps on rambling on and on about his Singapore trips, his siblings there, and his dream trip to Bali. What a funny guy!

As soon as I politely ended the conversation (with him on mid-story), i walked out of the door without even looking back. Imagine, i just went there to claim my card and it took me 30 minutes. lol

Mehn, guys do the silliest things. :P

Which reminds me, lemme just say this out loud:

TO THAT DUDE WHO I HAPPENED TO RIDE THE SAME JEEPNEY WITH (uhuh, i am no prissy ass. i do take the jeep often but that doesn't discount my loathe on taking the public buses.):

Yes, i still remember you.
No, don't feel intimidated.
I am still the same little kid you used to know.
And...
Yes, i know you are taking my picture even if you are trying so hard to convince me that you are just texting.
But,
Shooting my picture is really sweet but very frustrating if you do it in silence.
All you need to do is talk to me.

Meeehhhh.

No comments: